The Art of buttercream Workshop - Saturday 11th May 2019
The Outrageous Cake Company
Saturday 11th May
Duration time 4hrs
Start time 1pm
Skill level. Beginner / improver
This class is designed as an introduction to some of the uses of Buttercream when decorating a cake. Buttercream can be used in a variety of ways from covering to piping. In this class we are going to prepare and decorate a cake giving a Monet inspired effect and setting a scene on the side of a cake. These effects, can translate themselves into many types of design (underwater, deserts, space, etc...).
You will learn
- Through demonstration and hands on we will explain various recipes of Buttercream
- How to colour and/or flavour your Buttercream
- Learn how to cover a cake to a smooth finish
- How to pipe basic designs
- Make some simple sugar decorations to enhance your cake
- Plus many hints and tips on other design ideas
- Advice on any equipment you would need
We supply you with an apron and all your needs to practice and finish a small cake (also provided). You will receive a full step by step demonstration and explanation on the making of Buttercream, including recipe sheets, plus an introduction to piping and other skills using this medium.
All ingredients and equipment for the day are provided; you do not need to bring anything with you! Should you wish to buy any equipment used during the class, there will be a selection available to purchase.