Cutting, Colouring and Covering a Square Cake Workshop
The Outrageous Cake Company
Saturday 14th march 2020
1pm - 5pm
Course duration approximately 4hrs*
Skill level Beginner / improver
A workshop designed to help inspire you along the way to creating a beautiful yet simple decorated cake. A step by step hands on guide, discovering (or fine tuning) the art of cake decorating, you will cover a square cake with a marble look finish, and decorate with a simple sugar bow. Ending with a very tasty cake that resembles a present.
You will learn
- How to carve and fill a cake and preparing ready for decorating
- How to make a basic buttercream
- A guide to the use of boards and drums
- A guide on the differing types of Sugar, Modelling and Petal Pastes available and their uses.
- How to colour sugarpastes
- How to cover a cake professionally using sugarpaste
- Learn how to make simple cake decorations
- How to use Ribbon to give that professional finish
You will receive a 6” square cake for decorating including any boards/drums sugarpastes, buttercream, colouring, and icings etc.
We will supply all the equipment you need including an apron so, just turn up, have fun and leave with a delicious decorated cake.
For more information please contact us.
Please note there is a limited amount of spaces available for our workshops, so booking is essential to avoid disappointment.
*Please be aware that it is possible that the class may run over the expected finish time, we suggest allowing AT LEAST an hour either side of the expected finish time. Free parking on site available. Bear this in mind when booking transport, as we cannot be held responsible for any missed trains, and buses.