Cutting, Colouring, Covering and Create Workshop - Saturday 5th October
The Outrageous Cake Company
Saturday 5th October 2019
Course duration: 4hrs
Skill level Beginner / improver
This is an essential workshop where you will receive many hints and tips with a step by step guide on how to achieve a simply decorated cake. This workshop is designed to inspire and give confidence to the beginner or as a refresher for those wanting to learn more in the art of cake decorating. You will cover a cake with a marble look finish decorate with a simple sugar model and/or flower toppers
You will learn
- • How to carve and fill a cake preparing ready for decorating
- • How to make a basic Buttercream
- • A guide to the use of boards and drums
- • A guide on the differing types of Sugar, Modelling and Petal Pastes available and there uses.
- • How to colour sugarpastes
- • How to cover a cake professionally using sugarpaste
- • Learn how to make simple cake decorations `
- • How to use Ribbon to give that professional finish
You will receive a 6” round cake for decorating including any boards/drums and a box to take the finished cake home in. All products including sugarpastes, Buttercream, colouring, and icings etc.
We will supply all the equipment you need including an apron so you don’t have to worry about anything just turn up and have a fun time while learning a skill.
All ingredients and equipment for the day are provided; you do not need to bring anything with you! Should you wish to buy any equipment used during the class, there will be a selection available to purchase.