Day of the Dead cake workshop - Saturday 24th October
The Outrageous Cake Company
Saturday 24th October
Start 10.00am - 4pm*
Skill level Beginner / improver
You will cover a 6”cake in black, finish decorating with brightly coloured Royal Icing and topped with ribbon roses and leaves including a printed skull to embellish.
This is a fun workshop where you will receive lots of hints and tips with a step by step guide on how to achieve a decorated cake like the one pictured. This class is open to all those inspired by baking, beginners can learn new skills and those experienced bakers can further their knowledge, all whilst having fun!
What you will cover in this class:
- How to carve and fill a cake preparing ready for decorating
- How to make a basic Buttercream
- How to make Royal Icing
- A guide to the use of boards and drums
- A guide on the differing types of Sugar, Modelling and Petal Pastes available and there uses.
- A demonstration on how to use an edible printer
- How to use various forms of colourings
- How to cover a cake professionally using a black sugarpaste
- Learn how to make simple ribbon Roses and leaves for decoration
- How to colour and pipe using Royal Icing
- How to use Ribbon to give that professional finish
You will receive a 6” round cake for decorating including any boards/drums and a box to take the finished cake home in. All products including sugarpastes, Buttercream, colouring, and icings etc.
We will supply all the equipment you need including an apron so you don’t have to worry about anything.
Lunch included, cake and refreshments, all you need to do is bring a smile and be ready to decorate (and maybe eat) cake.
* (Please be aware that it is possible that the class may run over the expected finish time, we suggest allowing AT LEAST an hour either side of the expected finish time. Free parking on site. Bear this in mind when booking transport, as we cannot be held responsible for any missed trains, and buses.)