Decorate your own novelty Christmas Cake Workshop - 14th December
The Outrageous Cake Company
Saturday 14th December 2019
Start time: 10.00
Class duration: approximately 6 hours (Please be aware that it is possible that the class may run over the expected finish time, we suggest allowing at least an hour either side of the expected finish time. Bear this in mind when booking transport, as we cannot be held responsible for any missed trains and buses).
Skill level: beginner / improver
Come and decorate your own cake with this delightful Christmas design, including a polar bear and seal topper and wording of your choice. Have some fun whilst learning a new skill. All you will need to do is bring your own 7inch Christmas fruit cake, with a minimum of 3 inches deep (We can provide this if needed for £15 extra, call us after booking if needed). We will provide the rest, even the apron.
A hot light lunch will be provided, please advise us if you have any dietary requirements. Refreshments are available all day long, not forgetting we have plenty of cake!
What will I Learn?
- Hints and tips on baking fruit cakes
- How to feed and store fruit cakes
- How to level and marzipan your cake
- Covering your cake including icing the cake board
- Colouring your paste without messy hands
- Understanding different kinds of pastes and why we use them
- Learn how to make your own edible glue
- Demonstration on royal icing to the perfect consistency
- Tips for colouring royal icing
- Basic piping skills and techniques
- Working with modelling paste
- Modelling the polar bear and seal characters for the top
- Learn how to adapt your modelling for different shapes
- Developing a side design for your cake
- Combining all your elements effectively
- Using ribbons
- Finishing off your cake board beautifully
- Rescuing mistakes and accidents