Rainbow Hedgehog Cake Workshop - 18th January 2020
The Outrageous Cake Company
Saturday 18th January 2020
Start time: 1pm
Class duration: approximately 4 hours (Please be aware that it is possible that the class may run over the expected finish time, we suggest allowing at least an hour either side of the expected finish time. Bear this in mind when booking transport, as we cannot be held responsible for any missed trains and buses).
Skill level: beginner / improver
The workshop is designed to further your skills in carving a simple cake, whilst at the same time learning a new skill and having some fun. Let your imagination be inspired with this colourful design of a hedgehog.
What will I Learn?
- How to carve, cut and prepare a cake for decorating
- How to make chocolate buttercream
- How to make a Belgium chocolate ganache for coating
- Look at the differences between the coverings of sugarpaste, chocolate paste, modelling paste and icings etc
- Fill your cake and crumb coat ready for final decorating
- How to create the face features and paws using modelling paste
- Decorate using your imagination to colour the spines of your hedgehog
- How to use a variety of sugar modelling tools
- Including many hints and tips
You will receive a chocolate cake for decorating including a drum and box to take the finished cake home in. All products including sugarpastes, buttercream, colouring and icings. We will supply all theeq