Woodland Birch Tree Stump - Workshop - 3rd October 2020
The Outrageous Cake Company
Saturday 3rd October 2020
Start time: 10.00
Class duration: approximately 6 hours (Please be aware that it is possible that the class may run over the expected finish time, we suggest allowing at least an hour either side of the expected finish time. Bear this in mind when booking transport, as we cannot be held responsible for any missed trains and buses).
Skill level: beginner / improver
This decorated cake is meant to inspire you as it can be used for so many different types of occasions including weddings, birthdays etc.... on this occasion we have given it a woodland style theme, incorporating many different cake decorating skills. The making and use of Belgian chocolate ganache to fill and mask your cake along with modelling and flower paste and painting techniques.
A hot light lunch will be provided, please advise us if you have any dietary requirements. Refreshments are available all day long, not forgetting we have plenty of cake!
What will I Learn?
- How to cut and prepare your cake ready for decorating
- We will look at the different types of sugarpastes, modelling pastes, icings etc
- How to use a selection of sugarcraft modelling tools and brushes
- How to cover your cake and drum/board in stages whilst decorating and achieving the bark effects
- The use of edible paints, including powders, pastes and gels
- Using flower paste you will cut out some Autumn leaves and/or some simple flowers for decoration
- Model a woodland creature as your topper
- Make some mushrooms etc.. to help set the scene
- Make those all important finishing touches to your cake including the use of ribbon
You will receive many hints and tips with this hands-on approach to cake decorating. A cake for decorating, including any boards/drums and a box to take the finished cake home in. All products will be available for you, including sugarpastes, buttercream, ganache, colourings and icings. We will supply all the equipment and tools you need including an apron so you don't have to worry about anything... just turn up and have some fun.